April 2, 2012

AHA! Journal - April, 2012

Week 1, April 2, 2012

This week is the group project time - " save the world". I chose pollution to talk about. Environment pollution become increasing serious today. We can even feel the seriousness from the unusual global weather change.

When I was looking for resources online, I found that human activity not only cause environment pollution but also visual pollution, which is really common in our daily life. According to wikipedia, visual pollution is the term given to unattractive and man-made visual elements of a vista, a landscape, or any other thing that a person does not feel comfortable to look at. Visual pollution is an aesthetic issue, referring to the impacts of pollution that impair one's ability to enjoy a vista or view. Thus litter, billboards, and auto junkyards are said to constitute visual pollution.





So, how do you feel about visual pollution?

************************************************


Week 2, April 9, 2012


This week Aric and I did the gaming/visual environment presentation.  We were different type of game players with different tastes and preferences. I think it probably because our different cultural and educational background.  In addition, gender difference also affects how people decode visual elements in games. However, we still found some games that we both played as we shown in class. Among those games, Super Mario would be the most well-known one. The background music of this game also has become a classical music in gaming filed.  It really reminds me of my childhood.



The only game I played after I came to United States is Second Life, which is introduced by Dr.Z in his Emerging technology course. I had the same view as my peers that it was not really a video game. Because there is no goal, no mission, no level and no reward.  Many educators think SL can be a good teaching tool probably because this virtual world allows people to create a good learning environment that is hard to be built in the real world. Something that hard to explain or show to learners in real world is easily demonstrated in 3D virtual reality. Typical example is that a lot of pilots begin their training with flight simulator games, which is useful and cost-effective.


************************************************************** 
Week 3, April 16, 2012 

As shown in kill us softly and wag the dog, mass media always influence our life gradually and control our decision invisibly. Sometimes it is good while sometimes it is bad. Although everyone have different understanding in regard to information that mass media conveys to us, good ads always win a consensus view from their audiences.

The following are some ads I feel excellent. What do you think?  

Commercials: 








 Public Services ads:





***************************************************************
Week 4, April 23, 2012

This week we watched some wonderful movie in class. I really enjoyed the movie time. I like to watch movie but I barely remember what I have watched after several months if the movie doesn’t have strong visual appealing.  I shared two movies that I feel good in the class. Both of them are commercial movies made by professional film companies. However, the following two are made by individuals. They are both action movie and really awesome!

 Killer Test

The Faty girl

No comments:

Post a Comment