November 15, 2011

My exploration in Second Life

What is Second Life? Second Life is an online virtual world developed by Linden Lab. It was launched on June 23, 2003. A number of free client programs, or Viewers, enable Second Life users, called Residents, to interact with each other through avatars. Residents can explore the world (known as the grid), meet other residents, socialize, participate in individual and group activities, and create and trade virtual property and services with one another. (Wikipedia)

Although this was not my first time visiting Iowa Island, I still felt exited to walk around the Island and learn how to use tools in SL. It's easy to walk, run, sit and fly in SL, but trying to edit appearance and change outfit took me some time.
Sitting on the sofa.

Dancing, last time I could not stop dancing, but this time I did.

Jumping on the trampoline.

Flying from the first floor to second floor. It's really convenient! If we can fly in the real world...

Beautiful fountain.

Sitting on the top of the tower.

I changed my appearance and outfit.



This is my favoriate part of the Island- the art gallery.
What about your tour? Did you find any good places in Iowa Island?

See, I was on my way to infor center. Lionheart Orientation Island is a good place to train new players. Did you learn something from there?

I changed my avatar.  Customising avatar took me a couple of hours.

4 comments:

  1. Great photo tour of SL. It shows how much you explored and played with the opportunities. Looks like your most recent avatar is a mini-Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought editing your Avatar took the most time as well. It's fun to play around but I truly lost track of time as I tried so many different options. My favorite part of Iowa Island was the Zombie arcade game and the trampoline,my avatar looks so goofy when it falls down on that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dr.Z : Yes, it is a cute mini one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Destery: I think everybody's avatar looks goofy when playing the tampoline. And I always fall down to the ground...looks kinda stupid, whatever, it's funny~ :)

    ReplyDelete